We first stop to look at the entrance to the Mariakapel, this was originally the chapel for the medieval cloister complex, after the Reformation it was in use as a Protestant church.
The text is taken from Colossians 1 v.10 and reads: Peace through His blood, shed on the cross
We next come to the decorative doorway to the former Protestant Orphanage, built in 1574 the doorway is from 1729.
Pause to look at the small tablet on the orphanage wall, this commemorates the capture and imprisonment of Count Bossu in 1573. The original tablet was above the door of the gatehouse prison.
Around the corner, on the canal side there is an entrance to the orphanage courtyard with its original pump and lead statues of an orphan boy and girl.